The BinaxNOW® Influenza A & B Test simplifies rapid influenza testing. The easiest flu test on the market just got easier with accurate differentiation between influenza A and influenza B using one simple step on one test. Now you can focus on the results and treating the patient, not running the test.
The BinaxNOW® Influenza A & B Test is an in vitro immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of influenza A and B nucleoprotein antigens in nasopharyngeal (NP) swab and nasal wash/aspirate specimens. It is intended to aid in the rapid differential diagnosis of influenza A and B viral infections. Negative test results should be confirmed by cell culture.
* One-step, rapid immunochromatographic assay
* Qualitative detection of influenza A and B nucleoprotein antigens
* Avian influenza H5N1 isolates included in list of influenza strains
* Results within 15 minutes (Negative test results should be confirmed by cell culture)
* Specimens: Nasopharyngeal (NP) swab and nasal wash/aspirate
* For in vitro diagnostic use only
This influenza test does NOT test specifically for the H1N1 (Swine Flu) influenza strain. This test will tell which influenza strain you have, A or B. The H1N1 influenza is a strain A type, but this test will not tell you which type of A you may have.